Monday, July 23, 2012

“The key to change... is to let go of fear.”

'Well, things are changing again. Since my last post, Spencer and I have moved into our house. It is coming together, but it has a long way to go... but I will blog about that later.

The big news today is that I am changing jobs again.

My job at the firm just wasn't the right fit, so I started looking for something different. I would like to tell you I found my dream job, but I didn't. I don't even know what that dream job is at this point. While I keep moving forward and growing, I did find my dream company. I have accepted a job at a non-profit organization as a customer service representative. It is close to home and part-time, so I will be spending the rest of my free time between three other endeavors:

-Writing a children's book;
-Doing social media marketing for the florist; and 
-Starting a social media marketing company with my sister.


Spencer and I realized that life is too short to spend in a job you hate. You have to find your own bliss and your own path, even if that means you aren't making as much money as you could otherwise. I spent four years and countless hours working on an education to be a paralegal. One might think I am "throwing it all away", and perhaps I am, but not for nothing. I am seeking happiness and a different life than I initially envisioned. Is it scary? Yes, but I believe fear is one of the greatest motivators we have, only second to love. I am so fortunate to have Spencer's love and support in allowing me to look for my passion and my calling by taking this leap and starting a non-conventional search for myself.

So how about you? Are you really happy with what you do when you wake up every day?



“Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.” -  Keri Russell 

“Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown.” - Unknown 

“All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.” - Anatole France





No comments:

Post a Comment