Thursday, March 15, 2012

March / Teen Vogue Birchbox Review

This has been my favorite Birchbox yet. I am so glad that I opted in to receive the Teen Vogue box.

What was inside:

Essie - Luxeffects
What they say: "Layer this glittery top coat onto any polish for an eye-catching look. Full-size, $8."
What I say: I am SO excited about this product. First, it is full size, which is worth $8, so I would say my box was worth the money this month. Second, I almost bought this Wednesday night. I am so glad I didn't since it came in my box. Third, Essie has great polish colors and they last. I just painted my nails Friday though, so I haven't been able to try this yet.

Kate Spade New York - Twil
What they say: "You'll adore this flirty scent, which is a modern update on a timeless fruity floral. Full-size, $65 - $80"
What I say: This perfume is pleasant, sweet, and light. I can't see many people passionately "disliking" this scent. I did like it, but not enough to buy it. I will wear the sample though.

Kerastase - Elixir Ultime
What they say: "Add this nourishing oil to your hair regimen to hydrate, smooth, and sleekify your strands. Full -size, $54"
What I say: This is apparently a L'Oreal Paris product, and besides the complicated name it seems like a good product. I was rather annoyed that this product didn't have any instructions. Does it go in wet hair, dry hair, before washing, etc? I had to Google to find the answers. According to their website this product can be used before cleansing, as a deep conditioner, before blow drying, or as finishing oil. It seems expensive especially when compared to Redkin's Heat Glide. 


Tarte - LipSurgence Lip Tint 
What they say: "This long-lasting stain adds rich pigment and is designed to boost moisture levels in your lips. Full-size, $24"
What I say: This was my least favorite product in the box. I am not a fan of matte lip color. My lips looked and felt dry after I put it on. Whatever moisture they are talking about I didn't get it. It did seem to stay on well, but the color was also too pale for me. It is a shame because it was also full size. I gave it to my sister who seemed to like the color and feel, so to each their own.

Twistband - Hair Tie
What they say: "Give your ponytail a makeover with these colorful, snag-free elastics. 12 pack, $18"
What I say: Another favorite in the box! I have it in right now. They hold your hair really well and give your hair the "scrunchie" look (no bumps) without putting in a large 90's band. I got orange, which is fine for around the house, but I would prefer black to wear out.

Interested in ordering your own Birchbox? Click HERE for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment