Monday, March 19, 2012

Personal Update and Coach Handbags Changes

Hi everyone. There have been a lot of changes in out lives again, but I am pleased to announce that I will be starting a new job later this month as a legal administrator at a local law firm. It is about 10 miles from Spencer's work which will allow us to move right in between our two jobs. Talk about a great commute!

Spencer and I are also considering buying a house! We have met with a real estate agent and are excited to start looking at houses in the next few months, but more to come on that later.

-------

So Coach might be doing away with their monogram "C" logo. I don't know how I feel about this. You can read the article for yourself HERE.

I love the classic Coach "C". It is part of the brand. I own several bags like this.

I hate the new "C" font. They look like crappy knockoffs did in the late 90s. I refuse to buy one.

I do love some of their leather, non-monogram bags... but they really aren't identifiable.

Let's face it, the point of buying brands like Coach, Juicy, Louboutins, Prada, etc. is that other people know you are wearing those brands. As tacky as that sounds (and as the article points out) it is true. Sure, sure, you buy the brand because it is of a "superior quality", but on a basic level most people buy just about everything because of the perception it gives. If logos and trademarks weren't so important to marketing, branding, and sales, a multi-billion dollar industry in trademark protection wouldn't exist. Consumers buy brands and their identities.

They need to do something to make their leather bags obvious Coach merchandise, otherwise you might as well get a no name brand from Kohl's or Target than pay $300. Coach will be making a huge mistake if they "debrand".

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your house shopping! It is really lucky to have your jobs so close together.

    ReplyDelete