Thursday, January 5, 2012

Holiday Pretzel Bites and News!

First thing is first: I have decided to stay at my current job for the spring full time beginning in February. I will still be taking about 10 hours of classes in the paralegal program as well. I can totally do this. After the semester is over I will continue to search for a job in the legal field.

Holiday Pretzel Bites
I made these wonderful little pretzel bites to take to Spencer's family Christmas party. They were a big hit and very, very easy to make. Any combo of Hershey kiss flavors and M&M colors/flavors can be used

What you need:
-1 bag grid pretzels
-2 or 3 bags of Hershey Kisses
-1 large bag of M&Ms (can by many of all one color at Popalops in Crabtree or can buy seasonal)
-Parchment paper

1) Preheat oven to 200*F


2) Line a cookie sheet (or 2) with parchment paper cut to size.


3) Place pretzels on cookie sheet with Hershey Kiss on top

4) Place tray in oven for 8 minutes or until chocolate is soft, but not melted.


5) Press M&M into top of chocolate and let sit for an hour or so or the chocolate to harden before placing in bag(s) or in a bowl.

What I learned: 
-Peppermint white chocolate kisses melt much quicker than milk chocolate. Cooking multiple types of chocolate at the same time is a bad idea.
-Even though it might seem like the chocolate will never harden, it will. Just be patient.

1 comment: