Thursday, January 26, 2012

Worst Week Ever

and it isn't over yet.

This last week has been by far the worst week of my life. My dog, Jade became really ill on Monday evening after passing a very bloody stool. I will spare you the gory details. Then Wednesday morning at about 5:30am, my mom's dog Chloe had a seizure. This has been a bad week for puppies :-(

Jade has been hospitalized since Monday at the NCSU Veterinary Hospital and they have stabilized her and finally gotten control of the bleeding. she has had a blood transfusion which has brought her red blood cell count back up to normal. All tests have come back negative, so today they are preparing her for an endoscopy to see what else might be going on. It is currently looking like she will finally come home on Saturday.

For those of you who don't know, Jade is a huge part of my life. I moved home from my college dorm after one semester because I missed her so much. She means more to me than just about anything. The last few days have been an emotional roller coaster. I haven't been able to focus on anything, I haven't eaten much, and I haven't worn make up. I have had many sleepless nights. For some people this kind of attachment to a pet is unfathomable, but for me, Jade isn't "just a dog". She is my heart, my family. Every moment she suffers, I suffer. If she can't eat, I can't eat. Until she comes home, neither of us will be okay.





2 comments: